Best Essential Oils For Acne And How To Use
Our skin has to go through a lot, pollution, dust, improper eating habits most of which is unavoidable. However, they take an enormous toll on the skin making it oily, lifeless and prone to skin problems. Acne is one such skin problem which is difficult to deal with and if not treated in the right manner can prolong and lead to scarring of the skin.
Essential oils for acne have been known to help in successfully getting rid of acne leaving skin soft and supple. It is common knowledge that all-natural products primarily oils work wonders for skin without damaging it or causing any adverse reactions. Essential oils are 100% Pure and Organic in nature prepared from fresh leaves, untouched and unaltered, without any fillers. Let’s walk through the benefits of some Essential oils.
Benefits of essential oils
1. Tea tree oil
- Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties, thereby prevents acne and skin infections.
- Pure tea tree oil has the most amazing and refreshing aroma which has a feel-good effect.
- It leaves the skin bright and radiant by preventing it from becoming oily.
- Tea tree oil has astringent and skin tightening properties which tighten the pores, thereby reducing secretions.
- Help in soothing sunburns as it has a calming effect on the skin.
- It is a natural cleanser, toner as well as a detoxifier.
2. Rosehip Seed oil
- Rosehip Seed Oil contains some essential fatty acids such as Omega 3, 6 and 9.
- Instantly replenishes and revitalizes dry and lifeless skin.
- Helps in tightening the skin thereby smoothening and reducing fine lines making skin more radiant and supple.
- Aids in preventing acne, sunburns, scars, age spots as well as hyper-pigmentation and rashes.
3. Jojoba oil
- Leaves skinned smooth, soft and moisturized without making it oily.
- Prevents skin infections and acne.
- Jojoba oil gives skin a silky and flawless appearance.
- Enriches skin and leaves it incredibly radiant.
4. Lavender oil
- It has analgesic, antiseptic and antibacterial properties thereby preventing skin infections and preventing acne breakouts.
- Lavender oil is best for oily skin as it dries the skin just enough to keep it nourished and moisturized.
- Since it dries out the skin, the skin becomes less prone to acne breakouts and works wonders when using it regularly.
How to use essential oils
- Apply with the help of a cotton swab or a Q-tip directly onto a pimple or acne.
- Best when applied immediately after the shower when the skin is still moist as it is when the oils can get absorbed most efficiently.
- MORNING: Should be used sparingly after completing the usual cleaning routine in the morning before applying any makeup.
- NIGHT: Before bed to ensure skin rejuvenation overnight during your beauty sleep.
- Can also be used liberally over the body on trouble areas such as knees, elbow, heels, etc.
To put it in a nutshell, resorting to essential oil for acne is the best thing you can do for your skin. It will transform the way you look and more importantly the way you feel about yourself. Your skin will seem visibly clean, bright, radiant and flawless after using these and they are perfect for any skin type.